On the sidelines of the topper against Union, Jens De Groof signed his first professional contract with KRC Genk on Saturday night. At just 5 years old, De Groof already stood out at K. Zandhoven SK in the Antwerp Voorkempen region.Meanwhile, the young midfielderhas beendefending the colours of KRC Genk for 10 seasons. De Groof currently wears the captain's armband with the Genk U15 and is also partof the National Team within his age group. Both at number 10 and 8 , he can play out. "Jens possesses a huge dose of football intelligence which he couples with a strong left," Director of Training Roland Breugelmans summarises his qualities.
KRC Genk wishes Jens every success in thefurthercourse of his football career.
- Anderlecht - KRC Genk to be replayed
- Official: Ken Nkuba signs contract at KRC Genk until June 2028
- Jong Genk records a first in Belgian professional football
- Japanese youth international Yumeki Yoshinaga new transfer Jong Genk
- KRC Genk starts work on H.Essers Training Center
- Livestream SC Paderborn - KRC Genk